On April 23rd, 2018, the Association “The Business for Plovdiv” met the Members of Parliament from the 16th electoral district – Plovdiv town: Mrs. Menda Stoyanova, Mr. Dimitar Lazarov, Mr. Georgi Yordanov, Mr. Alexander Sidi and Mrs. Elena Axieva in the head office of “Profilink” Ltd. in Plovdiv. The key subjects were the following legislative measures and proposals on behalf of the Association:
- Introduction of quality regulations for solid fuels, placed on the market in order to improve the quality of the ambient air.
- Legislative change for the purpose of fair valuation of municipal waste tax, incl. for economic operators – following the “polluter pays” principle.
- Legislative proposal that would allow the leasing cars tax to be paid in the municipality, where they use the road infrastructure, not in the municipality, where the head office of the lessor is situated.
- Legislative measures to reduce the bureaucracy in relation to the procedure of issuing working visas for non EU-residents.
- Cooperation on behalf of the legislature for the construction of a building for the Plovdiv State opera.
The Members of the Association “The Business for Plovdiv” presented expert opinions on these topics in front of the Members of Parliament. The Association expressed its criticism over the sluggishness in taking legislative measures, the gaps in their application, the absurdities in state administration’s behaviour and the contradictory priority setting in the state and municipal policies.
All members of the Association – 30 top companies in Plovdiv – think that the Members of Parliament from the town of Plovdiv can and must propose legislative measures to improve the business environment or to ask the ministers concerned, who postpone their application.
The next meeting with the Members of Parliament is foreseen to be focused on the workforce, the qualification and the education in the secondary schools and the higher education institutions. At this meeting both parties will inform each other of developments in the topics, discussed yesterday.
The Association “The Business for Plovdiv” will continue to raise questions, related to the interests of the Plovdiv citizens “for better city and better life”, such as the slogan of The Association.