The Management Board of the Association “The Business for Plovdiv” met the Mayor of Plovdiv Mr. Ivan Totev and the Deputy Mayor Mr. Rozalin Petkov on May 31st, 2018. They discussed the following topics at the meeting:
1. Organization of transport and taking measures to solve this issue;
2. Accessible environment and clearance;
3. Other issues, related to the reconstruction of roads and to public procurement procedures.
The Members of the Management Board of the Association presented specific suggestions, developed in details by experts, to enable traffic to flow more smoothly, such as:
• Installation of additional flashing yellow traffic light for right turn, transforming into green, synchronized with the main traffic light, on 19 crossroads on the territory of the town;
• Building of roundabouts to replace existing crossroads equipped with traffic light;
• One-way streets in different parts of the town;
• Issuing an order to the District Mayors to clear the districts of the town of old, unnecessary and abandoned objects, posters and announcements.
Mr. Totev undertook to note in details with the proposals and informed the Members present about the terms and deadlines of current infrastructure projects in town, as well as a lot of new projects in relation of the development of Plovdiv.
All Members of the Management Board of the Association made suggestion to meet the Interdepartmental commission of the Municipality of Plovdiv to discuss and solve the transport problems and to organize regular meetings between them and the Mayor in the future.
The Non-profit association „The Business for Plovdiv“ will continue to be an active party to meet the municipal administration to create better conditions for life and business in Plovdiv and to transform the town to a more open space in regards with transport and communications.